Thursday, January 3, 2008

It's been a while

Sitting at the computer today, I realized it's been almost 10 days since my last blog entry. When I first started doing this, it was easy to remember to do it almost daily....now I forget most of the time!

Things continue on here as usual. We had a great Christmas at my parents, where the kids got way too much stuff and the SUV was so loaded down on the way home there was hardly any room to sit. The week was so short due to coming home on Wednesday that it was almost like one big holiday week. When the kids are out of school, I only work as needed and usually take them with me to the office (which means, when I do go, we're only there about an hour which is all the kids and I can handle of each other in my office!). We watched part of almost every bowl game played. Procrastinated the annual Goodwill drop and missed the Dec. 31st tax deadline as well as procrastinated our holiday decor removal....both things still need to be done! For New Years we got some movies and had a movie/popcorn night with the kids, ate with MAC's family for a traditional southern New Years's meal of black eyed peas and ham; and watched even more bowl games. I'd like to mention that I particularly enjoyed watching UGA clean Hawaii's clock on Tuesday night!

All in all, it's been an enjoyable holiday....but as usual....I'm anxious for life to get back to the normal routine. Mikayla starts back to school tomorrow and Matthew starts on Monday. MAC also starts his first seminary class tomorrow night and will be gone for 3 weekends in a row. I'm looking at buying a pistol and taking a handgun class for these times when he's out of town....seriously! So, although we'll be back in routine, there will be some changes as well and we'll keep you updated on what all's going on! Happy New Year!!

No comments: