Thursday, December 20, 2007

Finally the holidays are coming together....

For most of the first part of this month, it really didn't seem like Christmas. The death of my grandmother contributed, but also we were late getting our tree and decorations up and MAC got his Christmas bonus about a week late this year, so I had to wait to do our shopping until we could deposit that check. But since last weekend, things are really falling into place. I shopped Friday night and Saturday morning and knocked out our entire list....then came home and wrapped everything that same night. All my internet orders except for one arrived on time. I've had a few days this week to devote to baking for gift baskets for our neighbors, MAC and the kids had our annual Grinch Night...(where you watch Jim Carrey's Grinch in your Pjs and eat snacks) and have managed through it all to watch a new movie with MAC, do the laundry, clean the house and get ready for our trip out of town. I am so thankful at this time of year for God's blessings....the sending of His Son, the extra time He gives us with family, the financial blessings of bonuses and gifts. I encourage you to take a few minutes away from the hussle and busyness and just thank God for all of His goodness this year.

No comments: