Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Just wanted to wish all my blog readers a Happy Thanksgiving!

We ate at Michael's parent's house, just with them, which is a big change from our usual habits of traveling 7 hours of TN or spending the holiday with my parents. It was a nice, quiet meal and we stayed most the the rest of the day and just talked which is so rare with our busy schedules. All in all, a very relaxing day. Plus, I have to say, when MAC first said we'd be staying home I was intimidated by having to come up with an entire Tgiving meal on my own.....but since his parents didn't travel either all I had to make was my Mom's delicious squash casserole, my awesome mashed potatoes (also inherited from Mom) and an Edward's Lemon Meringue pie from the freezer at Winn Dixie! I'll take that easy holiday meal any day!

MAC is still very ill and will be visiting the doctor tomorrow (a very last resort for him). His mom, a nurse, thinks he has bronchitis so he might be looking at taking some antibiotics. I'll just be glad when he's over this stuff....for all our sakes :-)

Sam, if you read this entry, we thought of you today out in the desert. Hope you got some decent food and maybe got to talk to your wife. We miss our adopted son!

3 comments:

Ellen said...

Glad you had such a good day! Happy Thanksgiving. Hope Mike feels better soon.

Unknown said...

Thank you. I miss you guys too. I did get to talk to my wife who had Thanksgiving at our house, but you can read all about it. I'm going to post my Thanksgiving tomorrow so stay tuned.

Heather said...

Glad your Thanksgiving went well. I had a very low-key Thanksgiving too, with just SOME of my fam there and no Sam. =( Nonetheless I was also thankful I didn't have to cook much! Really glad you started a blog, you already have so many posts!!! =)